We open our January 27th 6:00-7:00 pm Gentle Flow Class to everyone and simply ask for a small (or large) donation to our charity of the Month.
This month help our girl Deana Lee raise money for one of her favorite charities.
Prostate Cancer Canada
Prostate Cancer Canada’s vision is to be a global leader in the fight against prostate cancer, earning the enthusiasm and support of Canadians through integrity, compassion, and innovation.
Prostate Cancer Canada is the leading national foundation dedicated to the elimination of the most common cancer in men through research, advocacy, education, support and awareness.
- Prostate Cancer Canada invests the generous donations of Canadians towards funding research that will uncover better diagnostic and treatment options, and towards providing comprehensive education and support services for those living with and affected by prostate cancer.
- Prostate Cancer is the most common cancer in men; 1 in 7 Canadian men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- 21,300 expected new cases in 2017.
- 4,100 estimated deaths in 2017.
- Early detection saves lives. When detected early, the survival rate for prostate cancer is close to 100%.
- Men and their families are encouraged to initiate a shared decision-making process with their doctors regarding prostate cancer.
- In agreement with prostate cancer experts, Prostate Cancer Canada recommends that men talk to their health care professional about the benefits and risks of testing for prostate cancer using the PSA test. Risk factors for prostate cancer include age, family history and being of black ethnicity.
- The PSA test is a simple blood test which measures the amount of prostate specific antigen (PSA) in your blood.