We open our October 28th 6:00-7:00 pm Gentle Flow Class to everyone and simply ask for a small (or large) donation to our charity of the Month.
This month help our girl Kate Sawyer raise money for one of her favorite charities.
The S.T.A.N.D. Foundation
S.T.A.N.D. is a charity in the first stages of development S.T.A.N.D. focuses on:.
• Supporting survivors of sexual assault. By holding sharing sessions in a safe and anonymous space survivors can share their stories and listen to others. There is healing in telling. There is healing in being believed. There is healing in knowing you are not alone.
• Teaching youth by providing educational programs in high schools. These programs will teach EVERYONE the importance of consent.
• Advocating for change by raising awareness within the community.
• Nourishing healing by matching victims with a trained counselor while covering the costs.
• Daring victims and advocates to stand up, be heard and see a new day!
It is estimated that 1 in 3 girls in Canada will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime. Sexual assault is one of the most underreported crimes. Research attributes this to a wide range of reasons: the shame, guilt and stigma of sexual victimization, the normalization of inappropriate or unwanted sexual behavior, and the perception that sexual violence does not warrant reporting. These are also the reasons many victims hide their assault and never receive the help needed to heal. S.T.A.N.D. is something extremely close to my heart. As a sexual assault survivor, I know firsthand how deep the need is for a safe place that victims can reach out to for professional help in a comfortable setting. We will be passionately focusing on educating youth and bringing awareness to change the statistics and end sexual violence.